Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Obsessed

I'm reading the chat room posts at least three times a day. A test participant wrote that the Tolvaptan had caused her to lose her appetite. It is a miracle cure! Another participant posts that she hasn't had that effect, It isn't a miracle cure! I'm looking for volume here, I figure that if enough participants report this side effect then it really exists. Now I really want this magical elixir.

By now I should have been MRIed (that is a good word) and sweating about the size of my kidneys. These girls need to be big enough to measure plenty o'cysts, if not - I'm out. The Lovely Lorie (aka Gatekeeper) has worked diligently to secure my records from my neph. No records, no MRI, no elixir. Four weeks, no records. Lorie has identified the culprit, an overworked nursing assistant who claims she mailed them. Perhaps she did, perhaps she didn't realize that I can't get into this study until those records are received evidencing a diagnosis of PKD. That this is my life we're talking about. The intrepid Lovely has instead received only four pages of notes/labs. She proclaims - We have ENOUGH! Within those four pages have some slight reference to a PKD diagnosis. They should have just called my witness, he would have vouched for me.

I can now schedule my MRI.

No comments: