Tuesday, June 19, 2007

But will Tolvaptan get her out of Jury Duty?

I'm in. After a week on the "high dose", I'm certain that I have the Tolvaptan. What a difference a little hope makes. Hope for the future - no dialysis, no transplant....and hope for the present - wean myself off the blood pressure medicines. That stuff keeps me down, literally. At my high dose of ACE Inhibitors, I'm often looking for a chair......and the mental fog is astonishing. My friends have been very patient with me, repeating whatever they just said as if I had Alzheimer's, because my drugged brain was unable to accept the info. I WANT OFF THAT STUFF.

Now, I could have taken steps to turn my body into a high blood pressure fighting machine - cardio trained heart, lithe muscles, and a digestive system that only accepts low sodium/antioxidanted foods grown locally. I could have done it then, but what was the point? My gems were shooting off so much of the high BP hormone that I gave up. Let the chemicals do the work, if I'm going to feel like crap I may as well enjoy a few chips and sushi.

That was the lifestyle I choose, but it wasn't much fun. I had to pace myself, in the evening my energy level was so low that I needed to decide what tasks to do each day, and exercise wasn't usually at the top of the list. No, a nap didn't help, the fatigue was relentless. And the YAWNING! So impolite to hold a conversation while trying to suppress a unsuppressable yawn, people thought that they were boring me. I couldn't help it, it was the drugs yawning!

Now I'm trying to change, let my body evolve to its new state: Tolvaptan, exercise, water and no sodium. What a life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about an angiotensin II receptor blocker?

PeterW said...

I am interested in hearing how your MRI compares before and after using tolvaptan. im currently on sirolimus (havent got results of mri yet) and i have pkd and so does my sister and im thinking of using the drug (its available in europe). i would really really appreciate ur help. id appreciate if u can email me on peter@treasuryerp.com

Anonymous said...

I wish not agree on it. I regard as nice post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to study the whole story.